Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom



We celebrated my mother's 70Th birthday this past weekend. We (my dad, and all her posterity) gave her exactly what she wanted. Are you ready for this? She wanted a bicycle! The look on her face was priceless. She was as giddy as a school girl. She was so excited to hop on it she didn't bother putting on her shoes. The other ladies on the street came out to see her new ride - now they all want one too. The next day she surprised me when she rode to my house to pay us a visit. Of course, Sage and I saddled up and joined her for a ride around the block. Mom learned a couple of important lessons that day...

1) What goes down the hill must also go back up.
2) Tell your husband where you are going and how long you will be gone (or take your cell phone with you).

No comments: